Friday, May 23, 2008

Five Things Friday, Anniversary Edition

Yesterday, Eric and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. It seems like much longer. I mean that in the best way, being together is how we are supposed to be. We went to Cracker Barrel for supper. (Yea, not our usual type of restaurant but the closest Thai place is 45 miles away and the Indian restaurant opened later than we wanted to eat AND I was craving meat and potatoes.)

Five things I love about my husband:

1. He breaks into odd songs at random moments. For a while he sang the Smallville theme at the top of his voice and lately it's been Elmo's song recorded in one of Aedyn's toys.

2. He loves the earth. My husband has great pleasure in tending the garden and fruit trees and doing what we can to minimize our negative impact on the environment.

3. Eric adores being a papa. I always knew that the man I married had to love kids and love spending time with them. My husband is great at being a dad. 

4. He's diligent. Eric's many many years in school and now residency have been so demanding and once he started on the MD/PhD track, he's had very little control over how his time is spent. Yet he got married and raised foster kids and and a bio kid and spent time caring for other people (mostly me!) and he never complains about all that has to be done. I'm always in awe of this.

5. He's always 'for' me. When things were really hard in my career and through a really challenging pregnancy and during big decisions, Eric so good at supporting what's best for me. This is probably why we've never fought, we both want to save the other from loss. But, frankly, he's better at this than I am. AND I love him for it.

3 comments:

Hannita said...

Four years? Wow. Seems like only a year or two ago. Happy anniversary friends.

Sara said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Definitely let me know if you'll be in the D.C. area this summer. I'd love to see you again!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!! yep, hannah's right, it seems like only a year or two ago. i still remember all of us at our house doing up the invitations and party favors :) i love you both very much... hm, three of you, even though i haven't met the little guy yet. and soon four... :)