Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Night She Slept

Friday evening I drove to the bigger city around here and stayed in a lovely B&B for a night of REST! I arrived around 7:00 and enjoyed a glass of wine and headed upstairs to soak for an hour in a big tub surrounded by Italian marble. A cup of chocolate hazelnut tea and magazine made for one great bubble bath. No crying baby or barging-in 2 year-old! I was in bed by 9:15 and slept for 8 beautifully uninterrupted hours then stayed in bed dozing off and reading for a few hours. At 8:30 I joined 8 other guests for cinnamon swirl french toast, sausage, and fruit salad in the dinning room. Good coffee, too. mmmmm. I took a walk around the pretty neighborhood before a drive to the big mall to pick-up Greek food for lunch. I was back home by 1:30, the kids were napping and Eric and I watched The Daily Show. A long family walk in the Autumn sunshine and dinner at our fave Mexican restaurant topped off the day. What a great early birthday present from my fantastic husband! AND there's more to come--Dinner out at the new (& only) Thai restaurant in town (THANK YOU, Sara for the gift certificates and for babysitting!) and a weekend with our lovely friends in Columbus, OH. Happy Birthday, indeed. (mm-hmm, on Friday my age will be divisible by 5 & 7 but not 6 & 8.)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds absolutely heavenly for you! Happy Birthday month!

Hannita said...

Yay! Glad you got some pampered alone time. And sleep. Sleep is good.

Philip Hallstrom said...

I am glad that you had such a lovely birthday. It sounds very relaxing!