Sunday, December 20, 2015

Leaving San Francisco

We also visited China Town, where the highlight for the kids was actually a little city playground where they got to play with others. We enjoyed sitting for awhile.




After a few days in the city we left, but not without first visiting with some dear friends in Napa Valley. We ate a much too brief lunch with them and then headed out for Mount Shasta.

Napa Valley, with friends from Oak Park, IL
Golden Gate Bridge, on our way out



Mount Shasta is considered one of the Earths 1st Chakra by some. I imagined it would be cool and spiritual to meditate there before heading back East. At the time I thought that, I must have forgotten I had children who might not be as easily convinced of being quiet and contemplative. Well, it was beautiful at least and I got a hike in. We stayed at a hotel in nearby Redding.






This area was watered by a spring that flowed underground at this point. The spring must have been a significant mystical location as it was popular and there were people in quiet meditation there.

I find tree lines fascinating


After that, we stopped back in Medford, OR to pick up my Mom and stepfather from the airport to head to the coast for a few days. Their plane was delayed and so we hitched up our camper in Grants Pass and headed to the coast on our own, to be joined by them the next day.

No comments: