Monday, July 21, 2008

We love DC!


We are really enjoying staying in D.C. Eric is happy with the tropical medicine class and is doing well. His commute is longer than we had all hoped but he's getting lots of exercise. Aedyn and I go to the toddler park every morning and take a walk around the block every afternoon. The afternoon walk is sans stroller because Aedyn loves the freedom to explore. Sticks, bugs, rocks, the cracks in the sidewalk and the flower beds around our neighborhood have all been thoroughly explored, some tasted. We are living just behind the Washington National Cathedral in a truly lovely neighborhood. Highlights so far include great Indian food, a service at the cathedral, meeting up with great friends (Kevin, Evie and baby Elli along with Evie's parents and some GREAT pizza & Mark and Kate who hosted us for wine& cheese and kebabs on the grill.) We went to the zoo where all the animals were taking siesta and we drove around Capital Hill and looked from the car. We hope to see some of the Smithsonian this Saturday and eat some more international food. We've had Italian, Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican and plan on Brazilian, and Spanish. Aedyn LOVED the Indian buffet. Eric and I ate so much for lunch there that we couldn't eat the rest of the day. 

this post written by heidi

5 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

You have to visit Adams Morgan. Lots of good places to eat, and little shops, and live music at night! There is this pizza place that serves a HUGE piece of pizza (probably twice the size of my head) and a pop for $5.50! There is a good Greek restaurant there too, but I don't remember the name. I'm so jealous. I have a love affair with DC!!

Jodie said...

How fun!!! Heidi you must be feeling better. Are you starting to get a baby bump?

Heidi said...

Rachel: the Adams Morgan metro stop is near the zoo, which we are trying to visit often. Is the pizza place near there? Only one more week here then back to my less exciting life.

Jodie: HI! Feeling great! I'm still taking half dose of the meds as I love not 'tossing' and the quesees. Yep. I have a belly. Aedyn's is still more protruded than mine. When mine is bigger I'll get comparison pictures. He's below average in weight and the rest of his little body is on the thin side but that belly is amazing!

Be well my friends. Jod, I need pictures!

Rachel Bardwell said...

The pizza place is probably a 15 minute walk from the metro stop. I haven't been to the zoo so I'm not sure where it is from there. It's on the major "strip" in Adams Morgan - 18th St, I think. I know I could walk there but can't give you good directions without being there. There are actually 2 pizza shops, a few doors apart. One is the "original" big slice and the other one is the one we went to. I think it's the first one you come to (further north?). How's that for directions? :)

Is the Smithsonian American History museum open yet? It was being renovated when we were there in May 07.

Heidi said...

I went to Jumbo Pizza, Rachel! That was a huge piece of cheesy-yumm. Aedyn and I shared it. We also had a nice chat with a postal worker while we waited for our slice. American History museum closed until Sep. We wanted to go but will wait until Aedyn would enjoy. Micah is really cute. Sometimes parents CAN claim 'cutest baby in the world.' It's nice to be in that club, isn't it?