Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Advent Adventures

Got a few photos this week. Heidi and the kids were able to test out the new playground equipment at one of our parks. Justice quickly had the whole playground of ~40 kids corralled to follow him in a game of pirates. What was most impressive was how inclusive all three of ours were. They sought out other ideas and how to incorporate them into their game. Eliyah spent time recruiting others individually. Justice did a great job of "Yes, and . . .". Ayden decided a advertisement was in order and began a performance to attract the others to their game. I love their independence and creativity.





Justice lost his second tooth. That was somewhat expected, but caught be by surprise as there was less drama prior to the abrupt announcement.


Eliyah loves to draw, and her drawings are always part of a narrative she develops. Below is a lady who "lost her arm in 'the war.'" The woman is cooking on the stove and has made some gingerbread men and Xmas tree cookies. And we don't have flower boxes, but that made its way in, too.


I walked in the living room the other morning to see Aedyn crocheting. Unsolicited, he announces, "I am making a scarf because that will be useful for me AND for future generations." Already thinking about posterity?


Otherwise, we're getting ready for the Nutcracker. They are all at Tech Rehearsal now. First show is this Saturday.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all!!!

Leah Renee said...

Wow! What fun, Boehmers! I wasn't even aware you had a blog until just now. I look forward to future posts. Merry Christmas!

Leah Renee said...

Leah as in fellow hoser from jr & sr hs. (hs as in high school, not medical abbreviations) Btw-if there's no previous comment from me above or multiple versions of the same sentiment, I apologize. The blog keeps locking me out mid sentence & I've no idea what posted. Therefore, I keep starting again. Long story. Short point. Hahahaha!