Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Beginning Again


OK. We have demonstrated adequately enough in the last month or so that we are really not that good at keeping in contact. In fact, I expect that to get worse when I begin my job in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. This blog is for all of you who would really like to know what is going on in our lives, but who don't hear the phone ringing with our name in the caller ID.

In addition, there were many of you to whom we did not give a proper 'good-bye.' For my friend J.R., that's the way he wanted it. For many of you, you were merely casualties of our own haste. Sorry.

We really do love you, and we really do think about and pray for you and really wish we could be spending some time with you. We're just not good at most traditional ways of letting you know that. So, hopefully we will be more successful with blogging. We hope you find it useful. I have found that in the absence of a couple of my better friends, I am constantly checking their blogs or checking my email to see if they've written (we get, and give, very few phone calls). One of those close ones (emotionally, not geographically) will probably be the first to read, and comment, here. In spite of being busy all day long with crazy house and yard activities, I check to see if H. has updated her blog three times a day, at least. It gives me a sense that I am still in her life. (I knew from my first experience with H. that I wanted to be her friend: we were eating ice cream--at an establishment that I now boycott due to the bigotry of the owner--when she disagreed with me about the agenda of the Sadducees. Now, I couldn't really get into it there since it would require her reading a very big book to understand my perspective, but the point is that I thought "Ah, here is a thinking Christian, a rare breed indeed, one with whom I feel at home and can have enjoyable and meaningful conversations." I hope those conversations continue.)

Plus, you'll have frequent access to pics of the cutest kid in the world!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the Internet, Eric and Heidi! I guess I get to be the first to respond back to y'all. Good luck when you start your new job.
-Bill

Unknown said...

Thanks, BT! Good to hear from you.

Hannita said...

Adding to my sidebar.
Hugs to everyone.

Josh said...

very much miss you E. m very happy you have started this blog. today is my first day of filming--so i must be going. but you'll hear much more from me soon. take care of that poison oak :) and no more forest fires, please :)

JDR