Friday, November 16, 2007

Q3

I'm doing my second inpatient Pediatric rotation right now. November is a weird month for the Family Practice residents (e.g., me) because whatever rotation we are on that month, each of us gets pulled off of it for 10 days to cover our own hospital service. I was on FP hospital service the first 10 days. The peds people found it fitting, then, to kind of punish me and put me on call Q3 (which no one else is doing). What that means is that every 3rd day I am on call from 7AM until 1PM the next day. Every 3rd day is tough. It means that for the next few weeks, including Thanksgiving holiday, I get ONE day off total—the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now, the peds chief resident argues that I actually get Thanksgiving off, too, since I am post-call that day (work only from 7AM wed till 8AM thur). Really? That's a day off? I guess if I work mostly during dark hours but can get home before more than 2 hours of light, that counts as a 'day off'. Well, this is all my way of saying, "Sorry for being absent from the blog." Hope to catch up more later, but I'm glad Heidi is able to keep you all updated. Love you.

No comments: