Friday, November 9, 2007

Honduras, The Lask Week--The Resort!






Near the end of our time in Honduras, we attended a worship service with nurse Peggy. The fellowship was mostly part of the international community and the service was held at a beautiful resort. As we were leaving Eric checked on the price of a Saturday night stay thinking that we might go there our last night in Honduras. It was WAY too pricy for us. I asked Peggy if there was another place that might be less expensive and still beautiful. That afternoon she sent a message that she would help us move to our new lodging the next day! Clinica Esperanca, the free clinic Eric was working in, has an arrangement with the Henry Morgan Hotel. A doctor serving at the Clinic can 'moonlight' at the hotel in exchange for room & board! Usually the doctor needs to be there at least a month but we were able to go for a week. We did have to pay something for me to stay but it was worth the $. The meals were buffet and soo nice. Every dinner was a different theme. The resort is owned by an Italian and most of the guests are Italian and they all gushed over Aedyn. The hotel is next door to the one where we attended worship service so we had the same lovely beach we hoped for. The baby loved the pool and the parrots and made great friends with our waiters and the hospitality team.  Eric did have to man the doctor's office form 5:30-7:00 each evening and carry a pager but he only saw 3 or so patients. One of them was a consult for a cat with mastitis! 

Our week at the Henry Morgan was special (though I did get a tummy bug and missed several of those lovely meals) but we were really ready to come home. 
Eric's grandma and great aunt came for a visit (fun and relaxing;) Eric painted our bedroom, bathroom, and guestroom; he planted our ground cover plants in the front yard-hill, and I've been holding a baby with a bad cold. And, of course, Eric is working lots so the week-and-a-half home have been busy.
Enjoy the pics of the Henry Morgan.

4 comments:

Hannita said...

that's awesome! a week at a resort! the boy is getting so big. sigh.

Carrie said...

Wow it is beautiful!! and you guys look great! Sorry you got the tummy bug. :( see you soon :):):)

Angela Kim said...

How wonderful, Heidi.
Aedyn is looking so grown up. And WHAT a blessing to get a week at the resort!! Woo Hoo!!! love you much.

Heidi said...

love you girls!
C: Today I was thinking, "Gosh, just a few more weeks 'till Care comes." Then Eric reminded me that we'll see you in 6 days! YEAH!

H: I wear my funky birthday bracelet with everything as it's pretty much the coolest thing I own. yesterday I had my pj's on 'till 2pm but I put on the bracelet to feel put together. Thank you!

A: You're moving closer, closer, closer! I meet your aunt and uncle, Sunday--so nice! Connie hugged my like I was family.