Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pansy Naps



The golden boy is finally resting. He awoke very early today because his papa had to get up early for work. Aedyn is a light sleeper, especially in the morning, and he really needed a nap. 
Today is Eric's last 'call' for the month and April's schedule is drastically easier. I'm relieved. I get very lonely without him around. He even gets a week off next month (sigh). He had Saturday off and worked really hard on the yard, transplanting herbs and raspberry bushes, and clearing a path in the woods so we can park there.
I wanted to show you what I did while Aedyn and Eric napped on Easter day (E was post-call). I planted pansies in the three hanging baskets on our porch. I love the colors. Very happy flowers, pansies.
missing you. really.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Aedyn is such a cute little blondie with blue eyes. All your work in the yard and with gardening is inspiring. I'm toying with the idea of doing container gardening this year, since I rent and my yard's not good for a garden. Next time I get to Columbus I will have to let you know so that you can arrange to visit, too. :) Take care, Laura

Heidi said...

He is a dear-heart. I'm excited about the gardening, do try a container. You'll be so happy to eat real tomatoes. I'm glad you got to visit the K family. I would love to be there the next time you visit, laura!

Hannita said...

I broke down and bought more cut flowers and flower pots, soil, seeds and miracle grow, oh, and another African violet (the two I've had for years died when I left town at one point). I need green and color and sunshine. I'm jealous of your yard and pansies and the possibility of fruit in the fall. Man I miss you guys.

Heidi said...

we miss you! the radishes have sprouted and the herbs are growing much better in their new, sunnier location.
Ange was here with E for the day (and overnight) and I'm soooo glad! it's so good to have friends.