Monday, February 9, 2009

Grateful


I sometimes have really good prayer time during Justice's middle-of-the-night feedings. Sometimes I can't stay awake enough to think clearly. But in the early-early hours of Sunday I was overwhelmed by how good my life is. My husband in an example of selflessness and his love is a great treasure to me. I really ENJOY him. My boys are a joy. Right now Aedyn is climbing into my lap for kisses. while I'm typing he's sitting in the dinning-room chair next to mine and blowing on the purple cosmos Eric brought home for me yesterday. Aedyn blows on them just to see the petals dance. Yesterday Justice pulled his mouth away while nursing and smiled at me! Then he nursed some more. Eric has a stable job. We bought a modest house and can afford the mortgage.

Our World Vision magazine came yesterday (our sponsered child, Maria, lives in Brazil). My heart is daily engaged with orphans and the poor (weather I want to love them so much or not. sometimes this is very painful. but a privalage.) Aedyn sat with me looked at the pictures of kids praying over their one daily meal and I we prayed for them. I pray for Aedyn's shepherd's heart.

No comments: