Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's a Girl!

Meet our new baby! We are pursuing her adoption while she lives with as. Eliyah (the new name we gave her) is 6 and 1/2 weeks old and seems very easy going so far. For instance, she squirms so little that she has kept socks on for the 13 hours since Eric picked her up in Florida. Babies keep socks on?! We are working on a very open adoption as Eliyah's birth mom is a great mom and is becoming a good friend. We're keeping quiet with details and, as we've planned this new addition for only 5 days, everything is a bit jumbled. Also, I'm writing this at 2am. PS: We need a minivan!
(It's now 8 hours later, Justice and Eliyah are napping at the SAME TIME! and Aedyn went to Sunday School with our wonderful neighbors [thank you!] isn't Eliyah darling!)



4 comments:

Angela Kim said...

oh my goodness, she is gorgeous. I pray for peace for all of you as you adjust. And much, much joy. I will start planning a trip out to see you and meet 2 of you for the first time.

Hannita said...

Angela said it, she is gorgeous. I am so, so thankful that things went much better than anticipated. Now when do I get to see her? Hmm...

Jen said...

yep, she's beautiful :)

Annie Peterson said...

Oh, she is so beautiful!! I am SO, SO, SO glad to hear about you adopting! What an amazing family you guys are!