Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Color of Paradise


Last night I watched a lovely movie, "The Color of Paradise." Please see it.  You will smile a lot.  Mohammed is blind and his widowed father is a bitter man who would prefer his son out of the way. Mohammed's sibling relationships and that with his grandmother (he called her 'beautiful granny' and my heart melted) are so genuine and serene. The cinamatogrophy is  beautiful, the rural Iran of the story is spectacular. I love stories about redemption! Netflix, my friends!

3 comments:

Hannita said...

Are you kidding me??? I Just watched that movie two weeks ago maybe.

Heidi said...

Did you love it? How interesting that you just saw this. Is it because it so obviously portrays the 'axis of evil?'

Hannita said...

Nope. Dave Schmeltzer showed a clip when he came to Evanston to do the conference and he just raved about it. So onto my Netflix it went.