Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mortal


Last year one of my best friends put the word 'mortal' on my arm for Ash Wednesday (or it may have been later in Lent, I don't quite recall) with henna. I'm sad not to have that opportunity this year. I'm also sad that I do not have a community outside my immediate family to share this season with, although, I'm more than grateful for my family. The difficulty is trying to honor this season while being at work all night long and what little daytime hours I have are spent sleeping. I wanted to do more for Ash Wednesday, at least get to a mass. Well, here is call/response liturgy I found from last year that is fitting. Wish someone here at the hospital would share this with me. Miss you all!
Remember: dust you are and to dust you shall return.

1 comment:

Hannita said...

I was thinking about the henna last night as I was trudging through snow. No ashes for me this year either. No church family that quite appreciates the seasons like you two do.