Monday, December 31, 2007

A New Year?

I'm currently working on Aedyn's 1st year photo album. I'm using iPhoto from the iLife suite and the books turn out so beautifully. Because he was born in Feb, my year's commencement has re-oriented. That's probably the ultimate indicator of the fact that one's life revolves around one's child. I think I was the same with the year of my wedding, too. There's so much preparation and anticipation for a single day that it becomes the time marker for everything else. 

SO today doesn't feel like the last day of the year. It's just the middle of Christmas (the 6th day, half way to Epiphany) and page 22 in Aedyn's 1st year photo album. Eric does start a new rotation tomorrow—OB—days only! He gets 3 weekends off this month and he'll be home over night, but the schedule will probably prevent him from arriving home before Aedyn goes to sleep. (If you are a pray-er, will you pray for opportunities for Eric to spend time with Aedyn?)

Now, Aedyn is taking his morning nap. I'm doing laundry and Eric is at the hospital finishing his 30 hour shift. We are joyful and grateful for the life we enjoy: a peaceful home, kind neighbors, steady work, loving family and friends.  
Be well. If tonight is the start of your new year, may it be a new beginning of hope. If you need help finding hope, just ask.



7 comments:

Hannita said...

He's getting your smile.
Happy New Year my dear, dear friends.

Angela Kim said...

My dear friend...I so cannot wait to see you soon. Miss you terribly and it brings me such relief to know you will be so close when we are in the middle of complete change in our lives. I can't wait to get to know your precious boy and see his photo album! (I need to get busy so I'm somewhat up-to-date before #2 comes! ahhh!) love you much...angela

Philip Hallstrom said...

Yeah, I figured out how to post a comment! I feel so dumb. I don't know why I could not figure it out earlier.

Angela said that she will see you soon. Does that mean you will be coming to Chicago? If so, when? I may be going to Chicago this month.

Heidi said...

I wish we would be there to see you, Philip! No, we don't have a trip to Chi planned. Ange and Inso are moving to Ohio, to a city only 2 hours away from us. Woo hoo for us!

I hope you do get a to make the trip to Chi to see many many people who love you. I'm sorry we won't be among them.

Heidi said...

ANGE, you can use my mack and iphoto for EJK's album if you would like. Very fun and it can be quick. I like to labor over mine a bit.

Angela Kim said...

i just might take you up on that :)
i can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

ayden is geting soooooooooooooooo cute. i must see him soon. i cant wait to visit you down there.
lots of love,
felicia kreye
(ps im not using the name
ashley anymore)